I have the great pleasure to invite you to the Fifth International Conference of Traditional Medicine (ICTM 2016) hosted by the Institute of Mongolian Medicine, School of Medicine, Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences. The former ICTM took place in 2004, 2006, 2009, 2012 and we had distinguished guests from China, Austria, Russian Federation, Germany, Bhutan, France, India, Hong Kong, Iran, UK and other countries of the world. It was very exiting for Mongolian doctors to join with foreign delegates & researchers in this international conference.
Under the theme “The Best Practices of Traditional medicine” ICTM will cover different subjects on medicinal plants, used in Mongolian medicine, diagnosis and clinical approaches if it in Mongolia and all over the world. Together we will explore the changes and the new horizons of opportunity that the events of the past brought to the present time of integration and globalization. We will make and develop new bridges between practitioners and scientists, between past and the future in the field of Traditional Mongolian Medicine.
We are welcoming scientists and medical doctors, who are interested in development of integration between modern and traditional medicines. We would be pleased to have your delegations to provide a presentation at the Conference.
The Conference will be organized from 16 to 17 of June 2016 at the MNUMS, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia . more information about the Conference and accommodation is available on our website www.ICTM.ub.mn.
Looking forward to welcome you in Mongolia, Khentii Province.
Dr., Prof. S.Munkhbayarlakh
CHAIRMAN OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Dean of the School of Medicine
Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences
The best practices of Traditional medicine
There is no special nation, which has established, developed and used wholly itself medical theories and treatment methods. But depending on historical stage of nation’s development there are definite contributions to medical history by individual countries.
The medical tradition of Tibet and Mongolia was imported with Buddhism from India approximately in the seventh century AD. At that time Indian Ayurvedic medicine was at its height. In the centuries that followed the exportation of classical Ayurveda Tibet and Mongolia there was a break with the Indian Medical tradition and it was in part lost in its native land. However it was preserved in Mongolia and Tibet, were it was further enriched with Chinese and Persian contributions. Here it was joined to their pre-Buddhist shaman traditions and continued to enlarge and develop.
Later explanations of the Guid-zhi or “Four Roots” tantra, were written by famous Mongolian and Tibetan doctors. All these books were written in Tibetan because this language became the language of Buddhism and used as much as Latin was used in Europe.
In the beginning of the 20th century Mongolia found its independence and a revival period started in Mongolia. The government turned to new science and education. On a base of Traditional Medicine the theory of Modern medicine started to develop and all over the Mongolia hospitals of modern medicine were established.
Since 1999 the ”State policy on Traditional Medicine development in Mongolia” started implementing, the assistance and service of Traditional Medicine were developed rapidly and the usage was increased more and more, and the traditional medicine found its historic position in National Health Care system.
Nowadays, the Government of Mongolia declared that Traditional Medicine is the important part of medical service and the Government considers that it is important to develop traditional medicine in combination with western medicine and define the attitude. Therefore traditional medicine branches were opened and engaged in administration sections and above 50 state hospitals and 70 private hospitals and branches were engaged in their activity in traditional medicine direction.
Preservation of Traditional heritages is one of the main priorities of the Government of Mongolia.
Therefore in 1989 at the Mongolian National Medical University the Department of Traditional Medicine was founded. Now it is reorganized into the Institute of Traditional Medicine, within the Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences. ITM is the major nationwide institution responsible for graduation of Traditional medical doctors in Mongolia. It is the leading Center for training and research, running graduate, postgraduate and professional trainings, foster researches on traditional medicine, treatment facilities and manufacture drugs based on traditional recipies.
Conference hall of “Darkhan-Otoch-Avarga” health center.
Simultaneous interpretation between Mongolian and English for one main hall. Use English for all writings.
Purpose of the Conference
Thousands of years of experience have proved the effectiveness of alternative types of medicine and this Conference is a good opportunity to hear about challenges in patient evidence based treatment, research and self-healing methods from doctors from different countries. The secret of health is the harmony, not only within the body but also between environment and human, between holistic and materialistic aspects of the organism. This Conference, therefore, seeks contributions to the promotion of scientifically sound measures and solutions by encouraging the collaboration of Traditional Mongolian Medicine with modern science and interplay of international research activities.
The best practices of Mongolian medicine
- Theory and methodology of Traditional Mongolian Medicine, its historical development
- Questions of traditional medicine, pharmaceutical and pharmacological aspects
- Current clinical and scientific research on TOM (diagnosis, treatment, prevention)
- Acupuncture and moxibustion treatment and its challenges
- Medicinal plants research
- Pharmacological screening of plant extracts and isolated compounds
Dr., Prof. G. Batbaatar, President or the MNUMS
Dr., Prof. S.Munkhbayarlakh, Dean of the School of Medicine
Dr., Prof. B.Amarsaikhan, Vice President or the MNUMS
Dr., Prof. D.Tserendagva, Director of the Institute of Mongolian Medicine, MNUMS
Dr. B.Lagshmaa, Head of Acupuncture & Moxibustion Department, Institute of Mongolian Medicine
Ass. Prof., Dr., D.Tsend-Ayush, Head of the Department of TM Theory, Institute of Mongolian Medicine
Call for papers
Call for Scientific contributions – The Scientific Committee of the International Conference “The best practices of Mongolian medicine”welcomes the submission of abstracts of original contributions to the field.
General guidelines for preparing your abstract:
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the committee, and determination of the abstract will be mailed to you by Organising Commitee. Abstracts accepted for presentation at the Conference will be presented as a posters or oral communications and will be published in an abstract book to be distributed to the participants at the Conference.
- Oral contributions will be limited to 15 minute plus 5 minute for discussion.
Facilities for projection and for overhead projection will be available.
- The poster area is 120x120 cm.
- No abstract can be presented if previously published or submitted for presentation at another national or international meeting.
- Instructions for the preparation of abstracts:
- The abstracts must be camera-ready. You should take full responsibility for the correctness of the contents of your abstracts.
- The full text must be written in English in A4 format, 2.5 cm from all sides of the paper, in Times New Roman.
- Use black ink, type clearly and do not make any corrections on the abstract form.
- The title must be typed in the center, in 14p, bold.
- Give one line spacing and type the name(s) of the author(s) on a new line, underline the name of the presenting author, in 12p.
- Live another blank line and type the text single-spaced, in 12p.
- Genus and species names in the text are to be written in italics (cursive).
- References must be given after having given a blank line, in 10p.
- Abstract must be sent on the original form only by mail accompanied by a disk
- (3.5”) containing the abstract, or as an attachment via e-mail, in the format as
- described above.
- All accomodations including travel expences and registration fee would be covered by participants. Hotel booking, airport transfer and welcoming and farevel parties would be organized by Organizing Committee.
- Registration fee for all participants in case of registration and payment will be 200 USD
- Registration fee could be payed by money transfer or by cash after arrival.
|ЖАЙКА-Н ТЭРГҮҮН ДЭД ЕРӨНХИЙЛӨГЧ СУРГАЛТЫН ЭМНЭЛГИЙН ТӨСӨЛ ХЭРЭГЖИЖ БАЙГАА БАРИЛГЫН ТАЛБАЙТАЙ ТАНИЛЦЛАА.|
|АШУҮИС, СУВИЛАХУЙН СУРГУУЛЬ БОЛОН ЯПОН УЛСЫН ГУНМА ИХ СУРГУУЛИЙН ХАМТАРСАН ХӨТӨЛБӨРИЙН ХҮРЭЭНД ХӨДӨЛМӨР ЗАСЛЫН МЭРГЭЖЛИЙН ХИЧЭЭЛҮҮДИЙГ ЗААЛАА|
|"АВЛИГЫН ТАЛААРХИ ОЛОН НИЙТИЙН ОЙЛГОЛТ, МЭДЛЭГ ТОГТООХ" "БОЛОВСРОЛЫН САЛБАРЫН ИЛ ТОД БАЙДАЛ. ЁС ЗҮЙ, АВЛИГЫН АСУУДАЛ" СУДАЛГААНЫ ТАЙЛАН|
Дуусах хугацаа: 10/16/2017
Дуусах хугацаа: 10/3/2017
Дуусах хугацаа: 3/7/2017